- This event has passed.
Problem Gambling Network of Ohio Virtual Trainings
September 1, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
One event on July 29, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on July 30, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on August 30, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on August 31, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on September 1, 2021 at 10:00 am
Problem Gambling Network of Ohio is hosting two virtual trainings this summer. Stage I: Gambling, Problem Gambling, and Ohio’s Service System will be held on July 28-30 from 10:00 AM-3:00 PM and again on August 30-September 1 from 10:00 AM-3:00 PM.
Stage I provides 12 continuing education hours of gambling specific education and serves as an introduction to the world of gambling and problem gambling with a focus on Ohio’s current service system. Participants will hear from experts in the field of prevention and treatment, recovery advocates, and partners in regulation and operation.
Topics covered include:
- Current climate of gambling and gambling expansion
- Problem gambling risks and warning signs
- At-risk populations and co-morbidities of problem gambling with substance abuse and mental illness
- Introduction to screening and assessment
- Current treatment models, including Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- New and emerging trends in gambling and gaming
- Legislative updates and how to work with and engage your agency, board, and community
Registration is $30 and space is limited. To register for the July or August training, please visit PGNOhio.org/Events.
For more information or for questions, please contact Cory Brown, PGNO Program Manager, at CBrown@PGNOhio.org or (64) 750-9899.