- This event has passed.
The MAX Peer Recovery Supporter Workforce Development Program
April 8 @ 9:45 am - 2:30 pm
One event on April 8, 2022 at 9:45 am
The P.E.E.R. Center is excited to partner with Catholic Charities Diocese of Cleveland to bring a workshop that focuses on advancing Peer Recovery Support skills for multiple workplace settings.
The MAX Peer Recovery Supporter Workforce Development 2-day workshop will be held April 7th & 8th 9:45-2:30 (May include a working lunch and small breaks).
This is a free event, but you must register. It will be held at the Whitehall Library
4445 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43213
Trainer: David Monter, LSW, CPRS-S of Catholic Charities Diocese of Cleveland will be providing the education for the session. Topics covered over the two days include:
· Working in Hospital ED, Courts and other non-traditional settings
· Professionalism and working on an integrated healthcare team
· Engaging Clients: Rapport Building, Active Listening, telling your story
· Client Motivation for Recovery
· Crisis, Trauma and Mental Health
· Initial Engagement and Follow-Up
· Planning and Documentation
· Safety, Boundaries & Self-Care
Click the link below to register. Consider canceling if you find that you cannot attend so that another can attend.
Each day provides 4 hours of training totaling 8 (CEU’s). To receive all available CEU’s, plan to stay for the entire training. Space is limited. Only 20 slots are available for this in person workshop. If you have questions, contact Jackie Doodley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.453.4831