ADAMH BOARD of FRANKLIN COUNTY
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Primary Responsibilities/Expected Outcomes:
• Provides primary administrative support to Director, Public Affairs, and works cooperatively with Public Affairs team members in the achievement of individual, team and organizational goals.
• Provides administrative support to the HR and the Cultural Engagement teams as directed, contributing to the effectiveness of cross-functional team activities.
• Serves as the primary back up for Front Desk Receptionist. Answers all incoming phone calls promptly; provides and records accurate information and transfers information in a timely manner.
• Oversees and processes vendor invoices and maintains accurate records of Public Affair’s team budget.
• Tracks ongoing inventory of marketing materials/directories and anticipates need to order additional inventory.
• As required, creates, develops, organizes, compiles and maintains up-to-date databases used by teams; prepares mailing labels and assembles materials for mailing.
• Compiles, copies and sends out monthly Board Packets working under the direction of the Executive Assistant to the CEO.
• Provides technical assistance to staff on software applications and input on the improvement of the quality of documents; remains up-to-date on existing software and knowledgeable of changes in software applications.
• Effectively prioritizes own workload and implements daily management of routine administrative tasks; attends team and other regularly scheduled meetings to remain current on ongoing or new events and projects.
• Identifies areas that lead to the continuous quality improvement of team products and provides input into team project planning.
• Attends and supports ADAMH Special Events, reserves meeting room space; plans, schedules and coordinates registration and physical layout of meeting site; order foods and other materials needed, notifies persons involved of time and location of meeting; follows up to ensure all arrangements have been confirmed.
• Creates, organizes and maintains an alpha filing system; accurately files a variety of correspondence and reports for easy access and retrieval.
• Orders office supplies, obtains proper approvals and submits order request for purchase; follows up to ensure supplies are received.
• Collects, sorts and distributes incoming mail and interoffice correspondence; ensures that mail reaches its destination quickly.
• Attends ADAMH committee and/or Board Meetings as directed; attends Public Affairs and HR team meetings, records and produces concise meeting minutes as requested; prepares meeting notices and distributes committee packets and/or minutes to appropriate person in a timely manner.
Core Competencies/Demonstrated Skills:
Education: High school diploma in secretarial science or office technology, or equivalent work. experience.
Experience: Four years’ secretarial and/or administrative support experience. Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, SharePoint, and other MS Office applications.
Skills: Strong Excel, Word, and SharePoint skills in MS Office.
Able to work effectively with diverse populations.
Able to represent the Board in a professional manner.
Able to operate effectively as a team member to achieve overall objectives.
Strong business acumen and communication skills.
Ability to anticipate and take initiative.
Strong organization, planning, time management, and prioritization skills.
Good problem-solving and negotiation skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com