Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Counselor Position
Community for New Direction is seeking a full-time employee to provide AOD Counseling at our outpatient treatment clinic
Community for New Direction (CND) is a not-for-profit corporation, incorporated in 1989 to provide substance abuse prevention for K-12 and substance use disorder treatment services for adults. CND’s revenue includes city, county, state, and federal grants, Medicaid, private contracts and donations.
The AOD counselor is under the direct supervision of the Director of Outpatient Treatment Services. CND offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, 401k and additional benefits. This is an exempt, 40hr/week, (some weekend hours) full-time position.
Bachelor’s degree in human service or behavioral science with one (1) year of experience in the field of chemical dependence or mental health treatment with CDCA, LCDC II or LSW license, or high school diploma or equivalent with LCDCII, LCDC III, or comparable license or certification with three (3) years of paid full time experience in the field of chemical dependency or mental health treatment. Must be knowledgeable of substance abuse trends, 12 step support systems and ASAM criteria for treatment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develops a comprehensive clinical formulation based on completion and/or review of chemical dependency, bio-psychosocial, and related assessments and client’s current functioning.
· Provides chemical dependency counseling (individual, family, and group), crisis intervention, and chemical dependency education.
· Develops, assigns, and monitors individualized treatment and Continuing Care Plans in cooperation with a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
· Provides case management to ensure problems identified in assessment are resolved or appropriate services accessed.
· Documents all clinical procedures.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings, in-service, and other meetings.
· Completes day-to-day services documentation as required by funders, accreditation bodies, and agency.
· Provides regular updates to referral sources on progress, lack of progress, attendance and treatment outcomes.
· Provides probation and parole updates on clients compliance in treatment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com