POSITION: AOD/MH Counselor DATE WRITTEN:7/27/17
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Dir. of outpatient treatment DATE REVISED:2/19/19
UNIT: Outpatient WORK DAYS: Mon. to Fri.
WORK SITE: Atcheson WORK HOURS: 9am to 6pm
Bachelor’s degree in human service or behavioral science with one (1) year of experience in the field of chemical dependence or mental health treatment with CDCA, LCDC II, LPC or LSW license, or High school diploma or equivalent with LCDCII, LCDC III, or comparable license or certification with Three (3) years of paid full time experience in the field of chemical dependency or mental health treatment. Independent license preferred. Must be knowledgeable of substance abuse trends, 12 step support systems and ASAM criteria for treatment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develops a comprehensive clinical formulation based on completion and/or review of chemical dependency, bio-psychosocial, and related assessments and client’s current functioning.
• Provides chemical dependency counseling (individual, family, and group), crisis intervention, and chemical dependency education.
• Develops, assigns, and monitors individualized treatment and Continuing Care Plans in cooperation with a multi-disciplinary Treatment Team.
• Provides case management to ensure problems identified in assessment are resolved or appropriate services accessed.
• Documents all clinical procedures.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings, in-service, and other meetings.
• Completes day-to-day services documentation as required by funders, accreditation bodies, and Community for New Direction.
• Provides regular updates to referral sources on progress, lack of progress, attendance and treatment outcomes.
• Provides probation and parole updates on clients compliance in treatment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org