Website YWCA Columbus
|position title||Assistant Preschool Teacher|
|location||Family Center, 900 Harvey Court, Columbus, OH 43219|
|department / section||Children’s Programs – Safe & Sound Child Care|
|employment status||Full-time / Non-exempt|
|schedules||Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm, may require additional hours to meet the operational needs of the program.|
|duties||· Responsible for assisting the lead classroom teacher in the care and nurturing of children and ensuring a safe and welcoming environment in a licensed child care classroom.
· Assists lead teacher in ensuring classroom meets all Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Child Care Licensing rules and Step UP to Quality Standards.
· Creates and promotes warm and welcoming environment for both parents and children.
· Implements classroom lesson plans based on individual needs and interests of each child.
· Responsible for duties of the lead teacher in the lead teacher’s absence, including completion of lesson plans, child care assessments, classroom documentation and communication.
· Creates and actively maintains registry through the Ohio Professional Development Network.
· Obtains and maintains all required training certifications.
|education||Child Development Associate (CDA) or higher strongly preferred or alternatively a minimum of a Child Care Professional level two on the Ohio Professional Development Network|
|required qualifications||· Minimum 1 year experience or related experience working with children in classroom setting.
· Certification in First Aid, CPR, Communicable Disease, and Child Abuse Recognition strongly desired.
· Strong understanding of ODJFS Child Care Licensing Rules, Ohio Step Up to Quality initiatives, and Head Start Policies and Procedures
|posting dates||Until filled|
|how to apply||Please APPLY FOR JOB below by emailing resumes/applications.
Or send by U.S. mail:
65 South Fourth Street
Columbus, OH 43215
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com