Position title: Billing Specialist
Position Summary: The Billing Specialist is primarily responsible for following up on claims denials, aging claims, Client payments and functions as an agency liaison to insurance carrier network, assisting the billing department to ensure that insurance billing if effective and efficient.
Education: High School Graduate
Experience: Five years of experience in a similar position
Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and/or data entry experience is strongly preferred. Experience working with medical billing and/or electronic medical record systems preferred.
- Upholds and follows the agency core values of integrity, empowerment, and innovation in all aspects of the position.
- Creates a welcoming, respectful, and safe environment.
- Shares ideas and concerns in a constructive and respectful manner.
- Follows rules and requirements of all federal, state, local, and accrediting bodies.
- Follows up on pending and denied claims to pursue insurance reimbursement
- Researches client data to resolve specific client concerns related to insurance; prepares itemized client statements as requested.
- Serves as resource person for agency staff regarding the client data system
- Cross trained in all billing functions and provides back up to other billing staff as needed
- Provides various reports and information as requested from management
- Works as part of billing team, maintaining professional and constructive communication with all billing staff to promote efficiencies and effectiveness
- Assists with various projects as assigned by the System Administrator
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hours Required: Variable
Location: Variable – Mainly Miill Run
Supervised by: COO
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com