LSS Faith Mission
CASE MANAGER – VA Services (SSVF Program)
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provide time limited supportive services to very low-income veteran families who are at imminent risk of homelessness; to enhance independent living skills with those veteran families through the implementation of the Critical Time Intervention (CTI) model designed to support veteran families through outreach, case management, and assistance in accessing VA and other public benefits and community resources to insure continued housing stability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with community and government agencies (social services, shelters, faith and community based organizations, prisons, jails, VA facilities, VA grant and per diem programs, legal aid, settlement houses, landlords, etc) to identify very low-income veteran families who are at risk of homelessness
- Using appropriate tools, screen identified families for eligibility, prioritize those families in greatest need and assess whether other interventions may better serve the veteran family being screened
- Perform intake for new participants, including needs assessment, and mental/physical health screenings
- Refer ineligible families to alternate resources/supports as available in the community or through the VA
- Work closely with clients to develop and implement participant specific, individualized, intentional action-oriented goal plans based on the CTI model, with a focus on achievement of housing stability
- Implement planning systems that reflect client strengths and needs, client responsibilities, Case Manager responsibilities, and action steps to help clients in achieving their goals
- Provide budgeting and other planning assistance toward the goal of housing retention.
- Coordinate with VA services, veteran programs, Faith Mission Resource Specialists and other community resources to assist clients in seeking income, employment and/or other needed supports.
- Link clients to internal resources as appropriate for financial supportive services in the form of direct client assistance payments to third party (e.g., landlords)
- Refer clients to partner agencies and community resources that benefit their short-and long-term goals
- Interface closely with all Faith Mission staff, VA staff and public assistance agencies to provide quality wrap-around services and access to benefits for clients.
- Gather information on potential resources for clients in the larger community, creating working relationships and disseminating information for immediate and ongoing support to client.
- Maintain clear and precise data and case notes, including timely submission of any CQI reports and careful documentation of all client interactions.
- Actively participate in weekly Case Review, working with colleagues toward positive client outcomes.
- Work with client to maintain on-going support relationships with community resources, family and friends.
- Successfully complete the Critical Time Intervention training.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of safety, sanctuary, dignity, support and resource through adherence to the Faith Mission Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Assist with crisis intervention and de-escalation by providing leadership, and by modeling professional and calm problem-solving behavior for clients, colleagues and the community.
- Other duties as required.
Position Requires a Four year degree in Social Work or related field or equivalent experience required; LSW preferred and a minimum of two years working in a social service setting required as is experience working with homelessness, mental health or related services strongly preferred. Lutheran Social Services Network of Hope is an EOE/M/D/V/F To apply, submit resume to: HR Director, 245 N. Grant Ave; Columbus, OH 43215, or via email to email@example.com or fax to 614-388-5707. www.lssnetworkofhope.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org