Department: Outpatient Treatment Services Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, Outpatient Services
Work Schedule: 9:00AM – 6:00 PM Position Supervised: None
Location: 1000 Atcheson Street
Columbus, OH 43203
This position will afford the opportunity to serve the adult population diagnosed with mental health and/or substance use disorders served at the outpatient treatment site. Provide direct services as needed to consumers to evaluate needs, link to resources/services, and help in identifying stability strategies. Advocates for consumers in a safe and culturally appropriate manner
1. Interview and interact with clients to highlight their needs and develop client-centered treatment plans.
2. Act as client advocate assisting them in making informed decisions regarding their health status and choice of treatment.
3. Develop good working relationship with clients’ health care providers during a case management process to ensure effective teamwork.
4. Assist clients in accessing social services and monitor progress of recovery.
5. Meet with clients one-on-one in the office, community or within a group setting.
6. Provides transportation services as needed.
7. Assist with applying and maintain benefits such as health insurance, food stamps, and other necessary supports.
8. Monitor and keep record of client treatment plan and response of client to treatment interventions.
9. Collaborate with clinicians and healthcare providers to develop and implement treatment plans.
10. Assist individuals to integrate effectively in the community and develop healthy community supports.
11. Maintain constant communication with clients to obtain feedback and ensure satisfaction with healthcare and case management services.
12. Coordinate and oversee the discharge and/or referral of clients as necessary.
13. Prepare and present report of case management activities to supervisor and other team members.
14. Ensure compliance with fundamental case management protocols, policies, and procedures.
15. Attend educational programs, conferences and workshop to improve on existing job knowledge, broaden your horizon and obtain continued education.
16. Performs other duties as assigned to promote the overall mission and vision of CND and other areas deemed necessary by the Clinical Director and the VP/COO.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human service or behavioral science with one year of experience in the field of mental health and/or substance use treatment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
1. Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
2. Must maintain CPR & First Aid Certification
3. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
4. Must be able to drive, have own transportation and transport consumers at times in own vehicle.
5. Must maintain professional licenses in a current status. (If Applicable)
Proficient in use of personal computer and related software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) use of office equipment (e.g., fax, copier, printer).
Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license; must pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
Employee Signature: ____________________________________ Date: ______________
Supervisor/HR Signature: ________________________________ Date: ______________
CND has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and CND reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as it may deem appropriate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org