LSS Faith on 8th
CASE MANAGER – Shelter Services (Faith on 8th)
Responsible for the assessment of client strengths and needs, development of individual action oriented goal plans, and coordination of referral and linkage to community resources to assist clients in quickly moving to appropriate housing, and establishing plans self-sufficiency and stability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with clients to develop action-oriented goal plans with a focus on securing housing, operating from a “housing first” model.
- Implement planning systems that reflect client strengths and needs, client responsibilities and action steps to help clients in achieving their goals.
- Provide budgeting and other planning assistance toward the goal of housing attainment and retention, including establishing savings plans based on client income.
- Coordinate with Faith Mission Resource Specialists to assist clients in seeking income, employment and housing as appropriate.
- Assist clients with referral and linkage to community-based social service and support systems that promote long-term safety, self-sufficiency, and stability.
- Refer clients to partner agencies and community resources that benefit their short-and long-term goals.
- Interface closely with all Faith Mission staff to provide quality wrap-around services for clients.
- Gather information on potential resources for clients in the larger community, creating working relationships and disseminating information.
- Maintain clear and precise data and case notes, including timely submission of weekly CQI reports and careful documentation of all client interactions.
- Actively participate in weekly Case Review, working with colleagues toward positive client outcomes.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of safety, sanctuary, dignity, support and resource through adherence to the Faith Mission Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Assist with crisis intervention and de-escalation by providing leadership, and by modeling professional and calm problem-solving behavior for clients, colleagues and the community.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Position Requires a Four year degree in Social Work or related field or equivalent experience required; LSW preferred and a minimum of two years working in a social service setting required as is experience working with homelessness, mental health or related services strongly preferred. Lutheran Social Services Network of Hope is an EOE/M/D/V/F To apply, submit resume to: HR Director, 245 N. Grant Ave; Columbus, OH 43215, or via email to email@example.com or fax to 614-388-5707. www.lssnetworkofhope.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org