Community Housing Network, Inc. (CHN) provides safe affordable rental housing and linkage to supportive services for people disabled by mental illness, addiction disorders, and histories of homelessness.
The Communications Manager is responsible for implementing all communications to consistently and effectively represent CHN’s mission. This position manages all communication plans and activities and solves problems related to communications.
- Design and maintain all communications including web site, social media, and print materials to consistently and effectively express CHN’s mission.
- Develop and refine CHN’s core message to ensure organizational consistency.
- Provide coaching and resources to CHN staff to prepare them to represent CHN to the community and provide a clear and consistent message.
- Oversee organizational response to inquiries about CHN and manage all media contact.
- Manage special projects as needed including groundbreaking ceremonies, grand opening celebrations, and the annual report.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the communication field.
- Align communication efforts with individuals responsible for communications with CHN residents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in the communications field, preferably in the non-profit arena.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to serve as a unifying force to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical level.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups including staff, residents, partners, and other supportive parties.
CHN offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities for advancement. EOE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com