YWCA Columbus is seeking a Communications & Social Media Intern! YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
This intern must be able to work effectively with a variety of team members within the marketing and communications and development team. S/he must have strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions and meet tight deadlines. S/he must have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and superior verbal and written communication skills. The Intern is someone who is in college and is looking for entry-level experience in Public Relations, Marketing and Social Media. S/he must demonstrate the ability to become a strong writer. Familiarity with Communications and Marketing discipline through past work experience, coursework and/or other internships is desirable.
Part-time; two or three days a week; 8:30am-5pm
The Intern is responsible for assisting with projects under the direction of the supervisor. S/he works closely with and supports the needs of the marketing and development team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identify, analyze, and report on media coverage across print, broadcast and online resources
• Develop and update media lists; find and propose new contacts for team’s consideration
• Pitch news stories to media contacts
• Assist with preparation of communications and press materials for events, including press releases, event listings, website copy, media alerts, media pitches, utilizing AP style for materials development
• Create and curate engaging content for social media channels
• Build basic understanding of principles of PR/communications marketing
• Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and taking notes
• Help with upcoming events
• Maintain a high level of professionalism, communications, and strict confidentiality in interactions with staff, volunteers, donors and general public.
• Understand and promote the mission and vision of the YWCA that values diversity and celebrates the positive aspects of a multicultural society
Intern candidates must have a strong interest in the public relations and/or marketing field and possess good interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work effectively with others in a fast-paced environment.
About Our Internship Program
• The duration of the internship is a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months
• Interns are unpaid; however, applicants could potentially receive a stipend upon completion of their internship, pending performance reviews. A parking pass will be provided and college credit is preferred
Posting Open until January 21, 2019
Email resumes to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org