Community Housing Network, Inc. (CHN) provides safe affordable rental housing and linkage to supportive services for people with disabilities and other special needs such as homelessness. CHN serves as a developer, owner and property manager, and facilitates access to rent subsidies and private housing.
CHN is seeking a full-time Compliance Specialist. The Compliance Specialist ensures the agency is in compliance with all required funding and program rules and regulations. This position is responsible for preparing, reviewing, submitting and maintaining audit documentation and training staff on compliance regulations and requirements.
- Maintain up to date and advanced knowledge and training on CHN’s property management compliance-related requirements, including changes in regulatory and reporting provisions of government agencies, e.g., LIHTC, HUD, HOME, etc. Advise and train staff on requirements, including dissemination of information and maintenance of master regulatory information.
- Work closely with the Manager of Compliance to plan, schedule and coordinate property management audit responses and external reporting requirements (e.g., OHFA, HOME, FHLB), including creating and maintaining required property information to respond to audits and managing the organization’s compliance calendar.
- Work closely with the Manager of Compliance to plan, oversee and coordinate initial LIHTC Tenant Income Certification approval by CHN’s tax credit syndicator, including ensuring the scope and direction of each response is on schedule and fully supported by other staff as necessary.
- Conduct internal audits to ensure organization is in compliance with CHN funder requirements and prepared for external property management audits, including auditing move in files, income certification files, and move out files, while working effectively with other staff as needed to correct compliance issues and confirm proper compliance.
- Request and submit HUD vouchers and contract renewals and work with the Finance depart to obtain required budget materials.
- Coordinate EIV use by running monthly reports and researching and correcting errors or discrepancies.
- Act as liaison with property management auditors to facilitate reviews.
- Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring CHN’s compliance policies and practices related to property management.
- Bachelor’s degree or professional housing certificates or training.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required; ability to communicate across all levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to influence in situations without authority.
- Experience in complying with federal contracting rules and regulations required; experience with HUD, OHFA, and OCCH preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
CHN offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. EOE. Please apply online at https://www.chninc.org/careers.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.chninc.org/careers →