ADAMH BOARD of FRANKLIN COUNTY
Data Warehouse Project Engineer (remote) / Project Specific Employment
The initial phase of work will consist of general DBA support to start off but most of this work is expected to conclude by end of September.
ADAMH’s Data Warehouse Redesign project work will begin at the conclusion of the general DBA support phase referenced above and continue until completion of the new Data Warehouse environment, including transitioning all existing reporting resources to this environment. This work will conclude must be completed no later than 3/26/2021.
20 – 30/hours per week completed between 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Eastern
*Guaranteed hours: 720
*Maximum hours: 1,080
*Hourly Rate (to be determined based on qualifications): $90 – $110/hour
Primary Responsibilities/Expected Outcomes
- Provides day-to-day support of the data warehouse and troubleshoots existing procedures and process
- Designs and supports database and table schemas for new and extant data sources for the data warehouse in partnership with the Data Solutions Manager
- Defines and promotes best practices and design principles for data warehousing techniques and architecture in partnership with the Data Solutions Manager
- Populates data warehouse table structures which are optimized for reporting
- Creates and supports the ETL in order to facilitate the accommodation of data into the warehouse using SSIS and other technologies
- Designs and develops systems for the maintenance of the data warehouse ETL processes
- Analyzes reporting requirements and subsequently translates the emanating results into good technical data designs in partnership with the Data Solutions Manager and Reporting Specialist
- Establishes the documentation of reports, develops, and maintains technical specifications documentation for all reports and processes in accordance with established data governance policies and procedures
Core Competencies/Demonstrated Skills
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer management, or equivalent experience.
10+ years experience in:
- Microsoft SQL Server (i.e., SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- SQL Server Performance Monitoring and Tuning Tools
- Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Access, Visio, Word)
- Data warehouse implementation, backup, and recovery strategies
- Data modeling, logical and physical database design5+ years of experience in:
- Other programming language necessary for SSIS scripting (e.g., C#, VB.NET)
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation for various environments
- Ability to think independently and critically and implement solutions with minimal direction
- Ability to maintain thorough and intelligible documentation sets
- Attention to detail as well as ability to perceive system-wide functioning and purpose
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Project and time management
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications received until position is filled.
No phone calls please.
This is not a full job description.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org