Director of Leadership and Social Justice
The Director of Leadership and Social Justice oversees the creation of delivery of programming that aligns with both the YWCA Columbus mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting pace, justice, and dignity for all, and with the public policy and advocacy agenda of YWCA Columbus. The Director oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of social justice programming, community engagement and communication, and leadership development programming including planning, organizing, staffing, and leading program activities.
A priority for the successful candidate will be to lead the Leadership and Social Justice Department through a Strategic Visioning process that will include refining the focus for the LSJ Department to build out curriculum-based education and training opportunities that result in revenue-generating opportunities for the YWCA, and that reflect the mission of YWCA Columbus and our policy and advocacy agenda. These curriculums should incorporate: a basic understanding of social justice issues that reflects the role of history and policy in racial disparities, structural racism, and implicit bias; how to understand policy- and program-specific issues related to YWCA Columbus’ policy and advocacy agenda and mission through an intersectional lens; how to translate knowledge and awareness into activism that includes a trauma-informed lens.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related subject.
• 3 to 5 years leadership experience in a nonprofit, government, or philanthropy, overseeing multiple programs or contracts ideally at an organization serving under-served populations in an urban community.
• Experience in public speaking and facilitating social justice-oriented conversations, trainings, or workshops to varied audiences.
• Experience in developing curriculum-based trainings and workshops related to social justice.
• Familiarity with the concepts of intersectionality, structural racism, implicit bias, and trauma.
• Program design, implementation, and management experience.
• Passion for the mission and purpose of YWCA and an ability to communicate this passion to others.
• Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
• Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
• Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees
• Discounted child care for your children
• Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve
Posting Open until May 24, 2019
Email resumes to .
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com