Do you have a magnetic personality? Are you creative? Are you enthusiastic and dedicated to providing excellent customer service? Then YOU are who we want! The YWCA Columbus is seeking a competent Events Manager to develop and manage internal and external fundraising events that will make an impact. You will ensure events are successful and cost-effect.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute fundraising events under the direction of Marketing and Communications and Development leadership, and in coordination with team members.
- Identify and manage vendors, venues and partners to ensure the best possible experience for event participants and to ensure budget considerations are met.
- Draft event scripts, run-of-show and pre-production documents.
- Coordinates with marketing and communications team members to ensure appropriate and timely announcements, promotion and publicity, marketing materials, recognition and follow up post-event.
- Work with Engagement leadership to create and manage registration.
- Negotiate vendor contracts and ensure all duties are performed as specified in agreements.
- Ensure proper recognition is given to sponsors, partners, in-kind donors and volunteers pre-event, during the event and post-event.
- Provide timely event updates and results to agency leadership and committees.
- Support occasional third-party fundraising events to ensure partners are successful.
- Work with volunteer coordinator to ensure events are appropriately supported.
- Assist with special projects and staffing of special internal events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years of event planning.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organization and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also as a team player who productively engages with others at varying levels within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to take initiative on assignments with a “can do” attitude.
- Significant work experience as an events planner or organizer.
- Impressive references and portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events, etc.)
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Sales skills and an aptitude for building productive business relationships.
- Interest in women’s and social justice issues.
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 40lbs.
- Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
- Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
- Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees
- Discounted child care for your children
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve
Posting Open until January 21, 2019
Email resumes to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org