Website YWCA Columbus
|position title||Family Center Production Assistant|
|location||YWCA Family Center, 900 Harvey Court, Columbus, OH 43219|
|department / section||Operations – Family Center Kitchen|
|employment status||Full-time (40 hours) / Non-Exempt|
|schedules||Sunday – Thursday, 6:00am – 2:00pm.|
|duties||· Perform all duties in compliance with Family Center, state and local sanitation procedures.
· Through the direction of the Food Service Coordinator and/or Cooks perform functions (with support and/or independently) that ensure daily meal service at the Family Center.
· Work effectively within a team setting with a diverse mix of people including staff members, community volunteers and residents of the Family Center.
· Prepare sack lunches and/or “late meals” for approved families.
· Utilize proper food storage and dishwashing techniques, to include temperature, labeling and proper rotation of stock.
· Maintain a clean, well-organized and easily accessible work area and kitchen.
· Participate in daily cleaning to ensure a safe, sanitary, organized food service operation.
· Monitor kitchen equipment to ensure proper performance and immediately report any irregularities to management.
· Understand and promote the Mission and Vision of the YWCA that values diversity and celebrates the positive aspects of a multicultural society.
· Model professionalism and problem-solving behavior for clients, volunteers and staff, and participate in a manner that promotes the Family Center’s guiding principles of Empowerment, Accountability, Respect and Nurture (EARN model).
· Perform other duties as directed.
|education||High school diploma or equivalent|
|experience||One year cooking/food prep experience.|
|required qualifications||· Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
· Ability to successfully problem-solve customer service
· Ability to read, understand, write and speak English.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to taste and smell food (to determine quality and palatability).
· Strong oral and communication skills.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Must be punctual.
|posting dates||Until filled|
|how to apply||Please APPLY FOR JOB Below by emailing resumes/applications.
OR send by mail to:
Human Resources YWCA Columbus
65 South Fourth Street Columbus, OH 43215
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com