“Family Center Programs” Security Assistant
The YWCA Columbus Family Center provides supportive shelter services to homeless families. Are you passionate about helping families experiencing homelessness? Do you want to support your community? Are you enthusiastic and dedicated to providing excellent customer service? Then YOU are who we want! The YWCA Family Center is seeking an observant, Security Assistant to join our team.
First Shift: 7:00am – 3:00pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday
Third Shift: 3:00pm – 11:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Assist all Family Center departments in maintaining a safe and secure environment for families, staff, volunteers and visitors. Providing basic supervision and direction to shift employees.
- Conduct regular rounds of the building and grounds to monitor for unauthorized vehicles, illegal activity, vandalized or abandoned vehicles and/or loitering.
- Maintain an accurate daily log of events that occurred during assigned shift.
- Conduct searches as directed, including inspecting client, staff, volunteer and/or guest personal property, including vehicles parked in lot.
- Assist in cleaning and removing items from rooms once clients have exited.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year’s previous employment working within a social services setting.
- Demonstrated dependability, maturity and initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set and observe appropriate personal limits and boundaries, especially with respect to shelter residents.
- Flexibility to deal effectively with a variety of people, situations, problems and changes.
- Ability to do physical activity, including but not limited to lifting a minimum of 25-50 pounds.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License; reliable transportation.
- Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
- Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
- Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees
- Discounted child care for your children
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve
Posting Open until filled
Email resumes to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org