“Family Center Programs” Family Support Shift Supervisor
Looking for a rewarding career devoted to helping the community? Are you passionate about helping families experiencing homelessness? Do you possess experience and organizational skills to support the mission of the YWCA Family Center? Then YOU are who we want! The YWCA Family Center is seeking qualified family services professionals to join our team. We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Family Support Shift Supervisor.
Full-time: Saturday– Wednesday, 10:00pm – 6:00am (off Thursdays & Fridays)
• Responsible for ensuring and overseeing a safe, secure, clean and supportive living environment for families and staff.
• Provides basic supervision and direction to shift employees.
• Acts as main point of contact and instruction during any shift emergency situations (i.e., fire alarm, medical emergency, tornado alarm, etc.).
• Models professionalism and problem-solving behavior for staff, volunteers, families, and the community.
• Complete shift walk-throughs of the facility at the beginning of each shift and log pertinent shift information documenting incidents, concerns and updating shift logs.
• Responsible for coordinating and monitoring family concerns and de-escalating concerns and addresses shelter questions.
• Monitors shift work and delegates tasks and projects as appropriate.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Associate’s Degree in Human Services or equivalent experience preferred.
• Minimum one year of experience working in a social service setting.
• Experience working with vulnerable populations.
• Demonstrated dependability, maturity and initiative.
• Ability to handle crisis situations and accomplish tasks assigned with minimal supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to set and observe appropriate personal limits and boundaries, especially with respect to shelter residents.
• Flexibility to deal effectively with a variety of people, situations, problems and changes.
• Must have valid Driver’s License and Reliable Transportation.
• Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
• Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
• Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees
• Discounted child care for your children
• Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve
Posting Open 02/05/2019-02/19/2019
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com