Position Title: Help Me Grow: Home Visitor
Position Summary: Provides intervention and community support services for the Help Me Grow Home Visiting Program. Service delivery is conducted in the community. This position requires access to or ownership of an automobile; a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and appropriate insurance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a human service or mental health related field.
Minimum two years of social service experience. Prefer specialized knowledge and experience with a relevant client population or area of service.
Strong communication/supportive skills required including: interviewing, conflict resolution skills, ability to relate well with clients, family members and other professionals, and cultural sensitivity. Knowledgeable about child development.
Licensure: LSW or RN preferred
Skills: Strong communication/supportive skills required including: interviewing, conflict resolution skills, ability to relate well with clients, family members and other professionals, cultural sensitivity, and knowledge about child development.
- Perform community support/outreach services including:
- Assessing client needs/strengths
- Service planning
- Linking clients with informal and formal sources of support and treatment and coordinating with these sources
- Linking clients with health care/treatment providers. Providing on-going monitoring/coordinating.
- Attend relevant community meetings.
- Maintain knowledge of community resources and public benefits available for clients and their families.
- Responsible for monitoring and meeting billable service requirements including productivity.
- Responsible for meeting all requirements for timely documentation of activity; including service logs and other required records and reports.
- Actively participate in all required administrative and project meetings.
- Maintain a schedule of working hours that fulfills requirements, as approved by supervisor.
- May provide consultation, education and liaison activities to individuals, community groups and organizations.Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Classification: non-exempt Hours Required: 40 hours/week
- Location: community-based Supervised by: Program Manager, Help Me Grow
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com