“Kids Place” Site Director
Do you have a passion to help others and work with children in your community? Do you want to turn your passion into a career? We need you to come and help us to grow! We have openings at Gahanna and Westerville locations for our before & afterschool sites, and we need someone to lead each program location. This is a full-time twelve month per year position.
• Plan and implement daily activities and projects for youth in grades K-5 in alignment with the Ohio K-12 Academic Guidelines. Ensure compliance with all agency and Ohio Department of Job and Family Services licensing requirements and accreditation standards.
• Interact with parents to keep them informed of program activities, special events, and address questions and concerns. Develop and maintain school and community partnerships.
• Direct on-site supervision of all staff, including hiring, performance evaluations, training and mentoring.
• Purchase necessary equipment and supplies and operates within specified monthly budget. Maintain expense reports and submit to Kids Place Program Administrator monthly. Assist Program Director in the development of annual marketing plan.
• For rotating Spanish director only: develop curriculum and conduct classes in Spanish language. Cover open sites during vacations and medical leaves.
• Four-year degree in Elementary Education, Child Development, Recreation or related field; or a two-year degree in Child Development combined with childcare experience; minimum 18 quarter or 12 semester hours in Child Development/Early Childhood Education.
• Minimum one year experience working with school-age children
• Desire to further the mission of YWCA Columbus: To eliminate racism and empower women
• Prior supervisory experience
• Knowledge of child development
• Familiarity with ODJFS Licensing Regulations
• Familiarity with Step Up to Quality
• Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
• Medical, dental, vision insurance
• Retirement Plan and 401k
• Discounted child care for your children
• Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve
Posting Open until filled
Email resumes to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org