Community Housing Network, Inc. (CHN) provides safe affordable rental housing and linkage to supportive services for people with disabilities and other special needs such as homelessness. CHN serves as a developer, owner and property manager, and facilitates access to rent subsidies and private housing.
CHN is seeking a full-time Landlord Liaison. The Landlord Liaison will be responsible for developing and maintaining a landlord engagement and recruitment program for CHN. This position will be responsible for marketing the CHN landlord program to the community, cultivating relationships with community landlords, providing education to the community and CHN staff regarding affordable housing and mental health, advocating for CHN residents, and helping to facilitate housing stability for vulnerable populations.
• Develop, implement, and manage a landlord engagement and recruitment program for CHN that ensures a network of available, safe housing for CHN residents.
• Develop and distribute marketing materials to engage the community and landlords in CHN’s mission.
• Prospect, engage, and cultivate relationships with community stakeholders and landlords to facilitate development of a strong, stable landlord network.
• Maintain current information about the landlords, rent reasonableness, FMR for all units in the network.
• Provide education to landlords and CHN staff regarding CHN services, HQS, how to work with landlords, etc.
• Use knowledge of CMHA processes to help landlords navigate the affordable housing system and requirements.
• Facilitate conflict resolution and problem solving between residents and landlords.
• Advocate for resident needs with landlords as needed to ensure housing is safe, habitable, and well maintained.
• Ensure timely and accurate documentation of the landlord network.
• Prepare reports as required by funders and/or CHN.
• Attend landlord association meetings, rental forums, and provide outreach to the business and faith communities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, other Human Services, or Business fields required.
• 2 – 4 years of experience in property management, human services, or affordable housing preferred.
• Must have strong interpersonal and relationship cultivation skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Valid Ohio drivers’ license and auto insurance required.
CHN offers an excellent benefits package and career advancement opportunities. Learn more and apply online at https://www.chninc.org/careers. EOE.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org