Position Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Position Summary: The Licensed Professional Nurse (LPN) performs routine administrative and clinical tasks to support the delivery of psychiatry services. The LPN works closely with the psychiatric team to prepare for the day’s schedule of patients, meet with patients to gather vital signs and medical histories, assist with care coordination needs, maximize psychiatry schedules and support the smooth, efficient delivery of high quality services utilizing best practice standards.
Education: Graduate of an accredited LPN program
License: Licensed in Ohio as LPN
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience as an LPN; Experience in a behavioral health agency preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team to assure coordination of care
- Ability to navigate an electronic health record
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Problem and conflict resolution skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to conduct self in professional and ethical manner
- Infection control
- Client-centered focus
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Prepares for the day’s patient schedule
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history
- Gathers vital signs, interim history and updates clinical record
- Monitors completeness of medical record’s supporting documents and processes consent forms, treatment plans, outcome measures and other documents, as needed
- Assists with care coordination ensuring proper authorizations are signed, medical records are requested from outside providers and are scanned into client’s chart
- Assists with care coordination during the office visit by printing appointment summaries and ensuring questions are addressed
- Monitors psychiatric caseloads to follow-up with clients who have missed appointments or need scheduled
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal and accrediting regulations
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Classification: Part-time Hours Required: 16-24
Location: Varies Supervised by: Psychiatric RN
Employee Signature Date
Syntero provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Position Description: January 19, 2018
PLEASE APPLY FOR JOB below by submitting resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org