Position Title: Older Adult Community Support Specialist
Position Summary: Provides community support services and aging supportive services for The Older Adults Program at Syntero. Promotes the aging-in-place/recovery/living-in-community treatment philosophy emphasizing independent living and functioning and linkage with community resources.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a closely related mental health field from an accredited institution.
License: Prefer a licensed or license eligible LSW. With a master’s degree, LPC licensure is acceptable, and the degree may substitute for the experience requirement.
Experience: Minimum of one year social service experience, including field practice/internship. Prefer specialized experience with the aging population.
• Strong communication/supportive counseling skills required including interviewing, assessment, conflict resolution skills; ability to relate well with clients, family members and other professionals.
• Requires access to or ownership of an automobile; a valid driver’s license and appropriate insurance. Knowledge of northwest communities desirable.
• Perform community support/outreach services including:
• Assessing client needs/strengths
• Service planning
• Assisting clients with daily living activities and/or arranging for such assistance
• Linking clients with informal and formal sources of support and treatment and coordinating with these sources
• Assisting clients with linkage to benefits and entitlements including advocacy for the client
• Linking clients with health care/assessment providers including psychotropic medication resources and providing on-going monitoring/coordinating
• Supportive counseling
• Crisis intervention
• Coordinating with family members and caregivers
• May provide consultation, education and liaison activities to individuals, and community groups and organizations.
• Provide services consistent with the “Code of Ethics” and “Scope of Clinical Practice” of the relevant licensing board.
• Maintain knowledge of community services and public benefits available for clients and their families. Maintain knowledge of professionals/others who are key sources of information about resources and benefits.
• Responsible for monitoring and meeting billable service requirements.
• Responsible for meeting all requirements for timely case record documentation and other required records and reports.
• Actively participate in all required clinical and administrative meetings.
• Maintain appropriate communication with collateral contacts internally and externally.
• Maintain a schedule of working hours that fulfills requirements, as approved by supervisor.
• Understand and follow agency policies and procedures including filing required incident reports and responding in a timely manner to agency quality improvement requirements.
• Obtain required client-signed forms and required client documentation to assure access to Syntero services.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Classification: non-exempt Hours Required: 40 hours/week
Location: community-based Supervised by: Older Adult Program Coordinator
To apply for this job email your details to OWilliams@syntero.org