Position Summary: Provides community support services and aging supportive services for The Older Adults Program at Syntero. Promotes the aging-in-place/recovery/living-in-community treatment philosophy emphasizing independent living and functioning and linkage with community resources.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a closely related mental health field from an accredited institution.
License: Prefer a licensed or license eligible LSW. With a master’s degree, LPC licensure is acceptable, and the degree may substitute for the experience requirement.
Experience: Minimum of one year social service experience, including field practice/internship. Prefer specialized experience with the aging population.
- Strong communication/supportive counseling skills required including interviewing, assessment, conflict resolution skills; ability to relate well with clients, family members and other professionals.
- Requires access to or ownership of an automobile; a valid driver’s license and appropriate insurance. Knowledge of northwest communities desirable.
- Perform community support/outreach services including:
- Assessing client needs/strengths
- Service planning
- Assisting clients with daily living activities and/or arranging for such assistance
- Linking clients with informal and formal sources of support and treatment and coordinating with these sources
- Assisting clients with linkage to benefits and entitlements including advocacy for the client
- Linking clients with health care/assessment providers including psychotropic medication resources and providing on-going monitoring/coordinating
- Supportive counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Coordinating with family members and caregivers
- May provide consultation, education and liaison activities to individuals, and community groups and organizations.
- Provide services consistent with the “Code of Ethics” and “Scope of Clinical Practice” of the relevant licensing board.
- Maintain knowledge of community services and public benefits available for clients and their families. Maintain knowledge of professionals/others who are key sources of information about resources and benefits.
- Responsible for monitoring and meeting billable service requirements.
- Responsible for meeting all requirements for timely case record documentation and other required records and reports.
- Actively participate in all required clinical and administrative meetings.
- Maintain appropriate communication with collateral contacts internally and externally.
- Maintain a schedule of working hours that fulfills requirements, as approved by supervisor.
- Understand and follow agency policies and procedures including filing required incident reports and responding in a timely manner to agency quality improvement requirements.
- Obtain required client-signed forms and required client documentation to assure access to Syntero services.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hours Required: 40 hours/week
Supervised by: Director of Older Adult Services
PLEASE APPLY FOR JOB BELOW BY SUBMITTING RESUME AND COVER LETTER.
Syntero provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com