Website Community for New Direction
This position will provide nursing support to the practice of outpatient treatment of Substance Use Disorder as appropriate for clients in accordance with the standards of clinical practice established by the State of Ohio and the policies and procedures of Community for New Direction (CND).
The outpatient clinic nurse will assist people struggling with Substance Use Disorder and Opioid Use Disorder through Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT). The nurse will complete both diagnostic and a nursing assessment, complete treatment plan using client goals as voiced by the client, making the client a major part of his/her treatment and recovery. The nurse will facilitate individual and group counseling, comprehensive drug testing, and case management services. The nurse will work in conjunction with the treatment team which is composed of an experienced physician, clinical director and counselors.
The Outpatient Clinic Nurse responsibilities include:
• Completes initial assessment/history on all clients entering treatment
• Provides ongoing management, education, and support of client’s in all phases of treatment including; nursing visits scheduled and random, urine toxicology screens, routine labs and as needed, medication teaching, monitoring, pill counts, and medication refills.
• Effectively coordinates medications needs including refills, samples, prior authorizations, etc.
• Uses assessment information to make appropriate referrals in consult with the physician and clinical director
• Educates client and families on symptoms, medications, and side effects
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills of job duties and maintains accountability and responsibility for all tasks assigned.
• Demonstrates culturally competent respect for all clients and guests through verbal and non-verbal behaviors and assists them as needed.
• Maintains client records and Safeguards Protected Health Information written and electronically and maintains confidentiality.
• The ability to work with all persons with multiple challenges (mental illness, substance abuse, physical challenges, developmental disabilities, etc.)Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Registered Nurse
At least two (1) years’ experience in direct nursing services provision. Experience in a psychiatric, substance abuse and/or mental health setting preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the State of Ohio.
Skills: Requires Intermediate computer skills in typing/keyboarding, Microsoft Word and Excel programs as well as Outlook.
The ability to work with all persons with multiple challenges (mental illness, substance abuse, physical challenges, developmental disabilities, etc.).
SALARY AND BENEFITS: SALARY RANGE: $47,840 to $68,640
CND offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, 401k and additional benefits. This is an exempt, 40hr/week, (some weekend hours) full-time position.
Please APPLY FOR JOB below by submitting resumes to John Dawson, Chief Operations Officer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org