Position Summary: The Outreach Clinician is responsible for the delivery of mental health and substance use disorder treatment to older adults in Delaware County. Provides community support services and aging supportive services for The Older Adults Program at Syntero. Promotes the aging-in-place/recovery/living-in-community treatment philosophy emphasizing independent living and functioning and linkage with community resources.
The clinician provides diagnostic assessments, counseling, psycho-educational and group therapy services. These services will take place in community (homes, schools, partnering agencies, etc.) and in the office. Evening and Saturday hours may be required. The outreach component of this position is part of a special initiative with SourcePoint and the Delaware Morrow Mental Health and Recovery Services Board.
Education: Minimum requirements include a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or a related field
License: Must hold appropriate licensure as required by the State of Ohio to provide services (LSW, LPC, LISW, and LPCC). Independent licensure strongly preferred due to Medicare insurance billing.
Experience: One year post masters experience in behavioral health in community-based settings (e.g. homes, school, and vocational settings) preferred. Experience with substance use disorder treatment, trauma treatment, and working with older adults is preferred.
Skills: Ability and desire to provide a variety of direct and indirect service modalities in a non-traditional settings, the flexibility to work both independently and as a positive team member while balancing a dual role in the agency and community.
- Ability to work with and provide a relevant range of direct and indirect service modalities to older adults in a community-based and office setting.
- Proficiency with technology, Microsoft Office programs, electronic health record, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining client records in accordance with established criteria.
- Responsible for utilizing psychiatric consultation and attend staffing when scheduled.
- Crisis intervention
- Coordinating with family members and caregivers
- Assisting clients with daily living activities and/or arranging for such assistance
- Linking clients with informal and formal sources of support and treatment and coordinating with these sources
- Responsible for providing consultation and education programs to community groups.
- Demonstrate knowledge of issues of diversity; practices in a manner that demonstrates cultural competency
- Responsible for meeting established service productivity requirements.
- Responsible for participating on assigned committees.
- Carry out all other duties assigned.Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Classification: Exempt Hours Required: Variable
Location: Variable Supervised by: Older Adult Program Coordinator
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com