Mental Health America
The mission of Mental Health America of Ohio (MHAOhio) is to transform how people think about mental illness, make it easier to get help, and give people the support they need to get better and stay better. Our guiding principles include responsibility, respect, caring, expertise, trust, communication, and emotional health. We are committed to recruiting and continually cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. MHAOhio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Schedule and Supervision
24 hours/week, Monday-Friday. Occasional weekend/evening hours. Reports to Education Manager.
Peer Recovery Support (20 hours/week)
- Manage the PRS Training registration process, to include reviewing incoming applications for completion, following up with applicants, checking references, etc.
- Screen applicants to be sure they are qualified to attend the training.
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries about the training and certification process.
- Maintain knowledge of the OhioMHAS certification process.
Recruitment and Promotion
- Assist with recruitment of Peer Recovery Supporters, to include attending community events, helping to plan recruitment events, and building relationships with providers and other organizations to help identify and encourage potential candidates.
- Provide assistance to applicants at different stages of the certification process, to include interacting with OhioMHAS to follow up on applicant status.
- Assist with promotion of specific trainings as needed.
- Participate with the Peer Employer Learning Collaborative and Peer Recovery Supporters group on recruitment, training, and professional development initiatives.
- Assist with planning and development of the Peer Recovery Support program.
Healthy Connections Group Facilitation (4 hours/week)
- Facilitate Healthy Connections meetings that assist individuals with mental illness and substance use disorder with managing their physical health.
- Track meeting attendance and participant progress and report data as needed.
Certified Peer Recovery Supporter or certified within six months of employment. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience in a professional or volunteer position involving community engagement or provision of support to individuals. Must be able to build rapport with a diverse group of people, evaluate information and data, and communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing. Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database programs. Passion for mental health area. Valid Ohio driver’s license.
Social Security, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment Insurance. Sick and vacation time based on Employee Handbook. Free parking, mileage reimbursement, and professional development within restrictions of annual budget. Up to 12 free CEUs annually via MHAOhio-sponsored conference to help keep certification current.
Please send resume and description of your interest in the position to PRSCoord@mhaohio.org.
To apply for this job email your details to PRSCoord@mhaohio.org