Mental Health America
POEM Program Coordinator
40 hours/week position in Columbus, Ohio. Coordinates POEM, a maternal mental health program that provides services for pregnant and parenting women using a peer support delivery model. May assist in coordination with the POEM Equity Initiative, a program designed to close gaps in care for women of color with maternal mental health complications.
- Identifies as a peer to parenting women with mental health complications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Passion for mental health area
- Valid driver’s license
- Identifies as a peer to Black or African-American women with mental health complications
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, public health or related field
- Experience with Mac operating systems, database management, and social media platforms
Send resume and cover letter to
Please no phone calls.
Position open until filled.
~Mental Health America of Franklin County is an Equal Opportunity Employer~
POEM Program Coordinator
Work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (flexible in consultation with supervisor). 40 hours/week, generally Monday-Friday. 3 hours on one weekend day or evening per month to facilitate a support group.
Status and Supervision
Reports to the Associate Director and directly to the POEM Program Manager. Exempt position.
- Provide peer support/services to clients through the POEM program and POEM Equity Initiative.
o Utilize skills and personal life experiences to aide in the growth and recovery of POEM participants.
o Model values and practices with clients that POEM has identified as supportive to the healing and recovery process.
- Facilitate one POEM support group meeting per month.
- Coordinate client needs with the POEM program.
- Maintain POEM client database records.
- Coordinate POEM program volunteers and volunteer events.
- Research and conduct outreach to potential POEM program partners.
- Assist with agency events.
- Assist in preparing necessary work plans.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Required: Candidate identifies as a peer to parenting women with mental health complications. Must be able to communicate electronically and build rapport with a diverse group of people, evaluate information and data, and communicate clearly. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Passion for mental health area. Valid Ohio driver’s license.
- Preferred: Candidate identifies as a peer to Black or African-American women. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Experience with Mac operating systems, database programs, and social media platforms.
Medical, life, dental, vision, and long term disability insurance. Social Security, Workers’ Compensation and Unemployment Insurance. Vacation, holidays, sick, and personal time based on the employee handbook. Free parking. Reimbursement for mileage and business use of personal cell phone.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com