Position Title: Psychiatric RN
Position Summary: Outpatient psychiatric registered nurse provides a mixture of direct patient care (in person and telephone), administrative nursing support, case management, and supervision of medical assistants. The Psychiatric RN provides a deliberate patient and family centered partnership with the healthcare team that facilitates a seamless patient experience. The Psychiatric RN works to maximize the patient’s health outcomes and the patient experience by identifying patient and family needs, supporting clinic visits, managing phone questions and concerns, and providing nursing administrative support to the psychiatric team.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN degree
License: Current state of Ohio registered nurse license
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of clinical nursing experience, preferably in a psychiatric setting
Skills: Proven ability to function at highest level within scope of practice; Experience providing patient education; Excellent assessment and care coordination skills; Experience with an electronic health record; Strong patient and family centered care skills; Proven ability to follow protocol and specific care delivery expectations; Ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to assure coordination of care and case management; Excellent time management, prioritization, critical thinking and organizational skills; Ability to build positive relationships; Ability to delegate appropriate tasks while functioning within a team based model; Flexibility and adaptability
- Manages patient phone calls related to medication or medically related concerns
- Assists with insurance prior authorizations for medications
- Works as an integral part of the psychiatric team, providing patient education, monitoring OARRS site for medication compliance, assisting with lab work and monitoring outcome measures
- Supervises medical assistants and establishes protocols to promote seamless service delivery for agency patients.
- Provides direct client care focused on assessment, education, symptom monitoring and case management
- Maintains client records in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations, CARF requirements, and agency policies and procedures
- Regularly attends psychiatric department meetings and case consultation meetings
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members through HIPAA compliant verbal and written communication.Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Classification: Exempt Hours Required: variable
- Location: variable Supervised by: Director of Clinical Quality Improvement and Medical Services
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com