Syntero, Inc. Independent Subcontractor Agreement
Position Title: Psychiatrist- Part-time
Position Summary: The Psychiatrist is a physician who specializes in the provision of psychiatric services in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations as well as the medical board of Ohio. Services provided include assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status. Psychiatric clinical management is conducted in collaboration with other behavioral health care team members.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- Completion of an accredited psychiatry residency program
- Licensed as a physician in the State of Ohio.
- Board Certified in Psychiatry
- Eligible for hospital privileges
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience providing psychiatric services
- Skills: Strong clinical skills, communication skills and ability to complete documentation through an electronic health record.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and psychiatric assessments for patients referred by agency staff or from our partner agencies with whom we have established consultation procedures.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain psychiatric stability.
- Assists with the provision of psychiatric care in accordance with facility, state, and federal regulations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Monitors OARRS site for medication compliance and documents, as required by law.
- Serves as collaborative physician for agency Nurse Practitioners and follows all requirements outlined in the agreement and spelled out by state law.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members through HIPAA compliant verbal and written communication.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Maintains client records in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations, CARF requirements, and agency policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures regarding medical components of activities including patient care, research, service evaluations, and quality assurance.
- Provides clinical supervision for NP students from accredited NP programs, NP staff, and/or students from other health related programs, as needed.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hours Required: variable
Supervised by: Director of Clinical Quality Improvement and Medical Services
Please APPLY FOR JOB below by submitting resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org