“Women’s Residency” Engagement Specialist
Do you have a passion to help others and work with adults in need of support? Do you want to turn your passion for caring into a career? We need you to come and join our team! The YWCA is looking for engagement specialists for our Downtown facility which provides permanent supportive housing for over 90 women residents. This is a PERFECT opportunity for individuals who want to serve the community in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day.
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday, 7:00a.m. – 7:00p.m.
• Work directly with YWCA Residents to ensure quality customer service.
• Orient new residents to the available programming. Services, rules, and regulations of the YWCA as outlined in the Resident Handbook.
• Maintain clear and precise data and case notes, including careful documentation of all relevant client interactions.
• Maintain organized and updated tracking of client participation in YWCA programming and submit monthly tracking reports to Engagement Team Manager in a timely manner.
• Maintain an ongoing curriculum of social, recreational, and educational activities for residents in coordination with other Resident Staff.
• Two-year degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
• 2 – 4 years’ experience working with homelessness, mental health, and/or chemical dependency strongly encouraged.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Enthusiasm for “housing first” model
• Dedication to excellent customer services
• Strong oral and written communications skills; attention to detail
• Ability to effectively communicate with highly diverse populations
• Ability to work efficiently with the internet, email, and Microsoft Word
• Commitment to and aptitude for working in a team environment
• Valid Ohio Driver’s License and insurance or insurability, and access to reliable transportation
• Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
• Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
• Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees
• Discounted child care for your children
• Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve
Posting Open until filled
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com