The Urban Minority Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Outreach Program of Franklin County Inc. (UMADAOPFC) is looking for a highly skilled Re-Entry Specialist to lead its Circle for Recovery Ohio (CFRO) ex-offender program.
Circle For Reentry Ohio (CFRO) Program Description:
PHASE ONE – focuses on risk and needs assessments, intake, and case planning that builds a pathway as unique as each individual, supporting the ex-offender’s desire to reintegrate into society and become a restored citizen. PHASE TWO – emphasizes culturally relevant services and programming, including education, job readiness and placement assistance, social learning/prosocial skills, ATOD and intervention services. CFRO uses the Creating Lasting Family Connections Curriculums. PHASE THREE – provides alumni and mentoring services aimed at relapse prevention. CFRO Mentors are ex-offenders who have successfully travelled down their own path to freedom and are willing to share their experiences and strengths. The CFRO program was designed by the UMADAOP Federation and works with Ohio MHAS and ODRC for referrals and coordination of services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Service a caseload of 25-30 active participants, most on probation or parole.
• Provide individual case mentoring sessions with all clients at regularly scheduled intervals.
• Conducts initial screening to determine the level of service and support needed.
• Develop individual assessments and plans for all clients that identify barriers to successful reentry and create a roadmap to meet their needs.
• Document all client contact and progress, including time and date, type of contact, outcome and plan of action.
• Provide regular updates to the Executive Director.
• Attends program and agency related meetings and conferences.
• Keeps files of service activities and supporting documentation.
• Others duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
• Methods and techniques of group facilitation.
• Methods and techniques of mentoring.
• Culturally competent on the needs, problems, attitudes, and behavior patterns of persons reentering society from incarceration.
• Excellent public relations, community organizing, negotiation, mediation, conflict management and meeting facilitation skills.
• Knowledge of the Franklin County and State of Ohio Justice System and/or community resources with demonstrated experience working with justice involved adults.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
• 2-3 years of experience in delivering Reentry services
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skill
• Associates Degree, preferably in Behavioral Health or Social Science related field.
• Must be qualified to pursue credentialing as a prevention specialist in the state of Ohio by meeting the eligibility requirements of the Ohio Chemical Dependency Board for at minimum an OCPSA within the first six months of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com