“Safe & Sound” Assistant Teachers Needed
Do you have a passion to help others and work with children in your community? Do you want to turn your passion into a career? We need you to come and help us to grow! The YWCA Safe & Sound Childcare is seeking loving and energetic Full-Time and Part-Time Assistant Teachers for all levels: preschoolers, toddlers and school aged children. These positions are located at our Family Center, which provides emergency shelter and transitions children and families in more permanent housing. This is a PERFECT opportunity for individuals who want to work with children. Join us and see what it’s like to work for a FIVE STAR Step-up to quality organization!
Infant – Full-time/Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 6:00pm
School Age – Part-time/School year: (25 hours per week); Monday-Friday
Toddler – Full-time/Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Assist the lead classroom teacher in the care and nurturing of students to ensure a safe and welcoming environment in a licensed child care classroom.
- Implement classroom lesson plans based on the individual needs and interests of each child – serve as a “play partner” to our children!
- Responsible for duties of the lead teacher in their absence, including completion of lesson plans, child care assessments, classroom documentation and communication.
- Assist lead teacher in ensuring classroom meets all Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Child Care licensing rules and Step-Up to Quality Standards.
- Create and actively maintain registry through the Ohio Professional Development Network.
- Obtain and maintain training in First Aid, CPR, Child Abuse Recognition, Communicable Diseases and all required training certifications. YWCA Columbus will pay for your training!
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of a Child Development Associate (CDA) or higher
- Minimum of a Child Care Professional level two on the Ohio Professional Development Network
- Certification in First Aid, CPR, Communicable Disease, and Child Abuse Recognition
- Must be able to recognize and act upon any hazard to a child’s safety and well-being
- Desire to further the mission of YWCA Columbus: To eliminate racism and empower women
- Minimum one year experience working with children in a classroom setting
- Knowledge of child development
- Strong understanding of ODJFS Licensing Regulations
- Strong understanding of Step Up to Quality, and Head Start Policies and Procedures
- Passionate about making a life-changing, social-emotional impact on children & families at YWCA Family Center homeless shelter
- Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
- Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
- Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees
- Discounted child care for your children
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve
Posting Open until filled
Email resumes to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org