Website YWCA Columbus
|position title||Safety & Security Assistant|
|location||Griswold Building, 65 S. Fourth St., Columbus, OH 43215|
|department / section||Administration / Human Resources|
|employment status||Full-time / Non-exempt|
|schedules||2nd shift (3:00pm to 11:00pm) Tuesday – Saturday. Schedule may change to meet the operational needs of the building and programs.|
|duties||· Maintain professional image that includes greeting residents, visitors and employees in a polite and friendly manner.
· Patrol Griswold Building, off-site locations and surrounding perimeter, being diligent to report any suspicious activity and report accidents.
· Monitor cameras or equipment in a continuous fashion as outlined in security guidelines.
· Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations to be able to respond to alarms, incidents and emergency situations.
· Complete Daily Activity Reports, Log Book entries, Incident Reports and all relevant reports related to job assignment.
· Make recommendations to management on better safety and loss prevention processes as identified during nightly routine.
· Have knowledge of any life safety systems, fire panels, camera system, and other such equipment to complete job assignments.
· Ensure continuous and safe operation of all elevators and access doors.
· Communicate on a daily basis with Director of Operations any new security issues or changes that need to be considered or implemented.
|education||High School Diploma and/or equivalent (GED).|
|required qualifications||· Knowledge of basic security procedures.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to de-escalate situations.
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test.
· 1 year of prior experience in loss prevention, life safety, or in a security setting.
· Regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk, stoop, kneel, reach, and crouch, with the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
|posting dates||Until filled|
|how to apply||Please APPLY FOR JOB below by e-mailing resumes/applications, OR via U.S. Mail to:
65 South Fourth Street
Columbus, OH 43215
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org