Position Title: School Clinician-Substance Use Treatment Specialist
Position Summary: This position represents collaboration with Dublin City Schools to provide a full-time School Clinician to provide substance use prevention and early intervention services in the school setting. The School Clinician will serve as the link between the home, school and community in providing direct as well as indirect services to students, families and school personnel to promote and support students’ academic and social success. The School Clinician will have responsibility for delivering general mental health and drug/alcohol services to students. This position will provide direct services as well as prevention, consultation, and education services in the area of mental health/substance abuse. Services provided include prevention, psycho-educational and group services, and consultation with school professionals. Services will be provided at the school and/or in the community. The School Clinician stays abreast of the latest research in the field and ensures the agency’s programs reflect current evidenced-based prevention recommendations. The School Clinician monitors applicable regulatory standards and ensures the agency’s prevention and treatment services maintain compliance with all regulations and standards of accrediting and funding sources.
Education: Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Master’s Degree in the behavioral health care profession.
License: Must hold appropriate licensure as required by the State of Ohio to provide clinical services (LSW, LPC, LISW, LPCC).
Experience: At least two (2) years professional experience in a social service agency. Must have substance use disorder prevention and/or treatment experience.
Skills: Ability to provide and develop school-based treatment services, ability to communicate articulately and effectively, and strong commitment to the coordination of services and working in a team environment.
• Uphold and follow the agency core values of integrity, empowerment, and innovation in all aspects of the position.
• Create a welcoming, respectful, and safe environment.
• Share ideas and concerns in a constructive and respectful manner.
• Follow rules and requirements of all federal, state, local, and accrediting bodies.
• Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in regard to agency operations and treatment services.
• Serve as the point of contact for members of community-based coalitions, teams, and task forces in the assigned geographic area.
• Represent agency at designated community, partner agency and systems meetings.
• Provide information to coalitions/school program about substance abuse and mental health prevention programs and resources.
• Coordinate the development of new programming and partnerships that lead to enhanced service delivery models of care.
• Offer technical assistance and training resources to the school prevention program/coalitions/community group(s) in an effort to enhance the ability to prevent substance abuse and mental health disorders.
• Be responsive to requests for prevention services and information throughout the geographic area to provide or make available services to all populations and community-based coalitions, organizations and groups, as appropriate and as resources are available.
• Maintain documentation of services provided in a manner consistent with all regulations and standards of funding and accrediting bodies.
• Assist with the creation and analysis of needs assessment(s) in the designated geographic area.
• Contribute to the development and updating of the Strategic Prevention Framework. Assist with planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Strategic Prevention Framework strategies.
• Prepare and submit the monthly summaries and quarterly reports meeting all report requirements set forth.
• Participate in the development of Quality Improvement Indicators.
• Work with other management staff to ensure that the school based prevention program is compliant with all regulations, standards, and policies of funding and accrediting bodies including ensuring that the prevention programs are operating in accordance with the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services prevention and treatment certification standards.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Classification: Exempt Hours Required: Variable
Location: Variable Supervised by: School Prevention Coordinator
Employee Signature Date
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org