SHELTER SERVICES MANAGER
Develop, manage and monitor all LSS CHOICES’s shelter and hotline processes. Supervise all Shelter Advocates and other shelter staff as assigned. Ensure the highest quality in the provision of hospitality and engagement to residents creating a trauma informed environment. Act as a part of LSS CHOICES leadership team and participate in strategic and budget planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, develop, and coach staff to ensure high quality shelter and engagement services within the guidelines of the agency mission and vision.
- Create a trauma informed shelter environment where the physical, emotional and psychological safety needs of the residents guide processes, programming and daily interaction.
- Ensure the highest quality of facility and housekeeping standards are upheld on the interior and exterior of the shelter including, main areas, resident dorms, staff areas, rest rooms and all common areas within the facility; report all maintenance needs to the Director of Operations or as directed.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations including, infection control, and other criteria for state surveys and OSHA and ADA regulation and compliance with facility procedures.
- Anticipate and respond to the needs of the residents and the facility.
- Observe and work with staff to ensure proper customer service, engagement, and the handling/use of chemicals and equipment.
- Develop, implement and maintain regular maintenance and housekeeping schedules in conjunction with facilities staff.
- Maintain supply inventory including that of cleaning, infection control, laundry, and donated supplies.
- Assess and obtain appropriate materials for successful customer service operations within the facility.
- Assist with the development, monitoring, and management of facility and program budget.
- Coordinate the implementation of facility needs with administrators and other shared services departments.
- Oversee and manage record keeping data, encounter data and information management as assigned, ensure resident and agency confidentiality is maintained.
- Participate in weekend supervision and on-call manager rotation.
- Acts as a dedicated and professional member of LSS CHOICES leadership team.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. To apply, submit resume to: HR Director, 245 N. Grant Ave; Columbus, OH 43215, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 614-388-5707. www.lssnetworkofhope.org
- Position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field or experience in domestic violence services, master’s degree preferred; Minimum two years of experience in shelter and/or residential services and a minimum two years supervisory experience. Valid Ohio driver’s license, access to reliable insured transportation and ability to meet LSS insurance standards required. Drug testing, background check, Physical and TB Testing also required. EOE M/D/V/F
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com