|department / section
||Children’s Programs / Kids Place Before & After School program
||Full-time / Exempt
||Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 6:00pm; schedule may vary to meet the operational needs of the program.
- Plans and implements daily activities and projects for youth in grades K-5 in alignment with the Ohio K-12 Academic Guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with all agency and Ohio Department of Job and Family Services licensing requirements and accreditation standards.
- Interacts with parents to keep them informed of program activities, special events, and addresses questions and concerns.
- Directs on-site supervision of all staff, including participating in hiring process and maintaining appropriate disciplinary and performance records.
- Completes staff performance evaluations.
- Purchases all necessary equipment and supplies and operates within specified monthly budget.
- Maintains expense reports and submits to Kids Place Program Administrator monthly.
- Assists Program Director in the development of annual marketing plan.
- Develops and maintains school and community partnerships.
||Four-year degree in Elementary Education, Child Development, Recreation or related field; or a two-year degree in Child Development combined with childcare experience; minimum 18 quarter or 12 semester hours in Child Development/Early Childhood Education.
- Minimum one year experience working with school-age children in a classroom or group setting and curriculum planning experience.
- Must be able to recognize and act upon any hazards to a child’s safety and well-being
- Desire to further the mission of the YWCA: Eliminating racism and empowering women.
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of child development
- Familiarity with ODJFS licensing Regulations
- Familiarity with Step Up to Quality
|fringe benefits for employees
- Discounted child care for employees children in Westerville or Gahanna Elementary schools
- Discounts with Verizon Wireless and Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance
|how to apply
||APPLY FOR JOB Below by Emailing resumes/applications
send by mail to:
65 South Fourth Street
Columbus, OH 43215