Community Housing Network, Inc. (CHN) develops and manages affordable, permanent housing for people challenged by mental health conditions, substance abuse and chronic homelessness, in various stages of recovery. CHN creates opportunities for our residents to be successful by collaborating with supportive partners.
We are seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to provide support to our Finance department. The Staff Accountant assists the Finance Department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
• Compile, analyze, and reconcile financial statements for multiple affiliates.
• Prepare accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to assess accuracy and completeness, and submit reports to funding agencies as required.
• Record cash transactions, establish records of accounts, and input entries into proper accounts.
• Process fixed assets in software while reconciling balances to general ledger.
• Import data from property management and payroll systems into accounting software.
• Reconcile bank statements and other financial accounts on a regular basis.
• Create and process intercompany invoices.
• Prepare Commercial Activity Tax (CAT) submission on a quarterly basis for all required entities.
• Assist in the audit preparations for all entities as requested.
• Perform general accounting functions with journal entries, funding requests, and other items as needed within the department.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting preferred.
• Two to four years of general accounting experience required.
• Strong knowledge of computer systems and applications, including spreadsheets, databases and property management accounting software programs.
• Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills.
CHN offers an excellent benefits package that includes health insurance, 401(k) retirement planning, life/disability insurances and paid time off. Please apply at https://www.chninc.org/careers. EOE.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com