Visual Communications Intern
YWCA Columbus is seeking a Visual Communications Intern! YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
This intern must be able to work effectively with a variety of team members within the marketing and communications team. S/he must have strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions and meet tight deadlines. S/he must have solid knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and have a superior eye for design and layout. The ideal Intern is someone who is in college and is looking for entry-level experience in creating visuals and basic html coding for the organization’s email and website channels, as well as creating a consistent and visually pleasing array of images for Social Media. S/he must demonstrate the ability to become a strong designer. Familiarity with digital design discipline and photography through past work experience, coursework and/or other internships is desirable.
Part-time; two or three days a week; 8:30am-5pm
The Intern is responsible for assisting with projects under the direction of the supervisor. S/he works closely with and supports the needs of the marketing and communications team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with updating and maintaining the organization’s website
• Create engaging images for social media channels that is consistent with YWCA brand standards
• Photograph events for use in social media and marketing materials
• Assist with the visual preparation of email and social communications for events
• Keep up-to-date with the latest technology and design trends
• Build basic understanding of principles of communications marketing, graphic design, HTML and email design
• Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and taking notes
• Help with upcoming events
• Maintain a high level of professionalism, communications, and strict confidentiality in interactions with staff, volunteers, donors and general public.
• Understand and promote the mission and vision of the YWCA that values diversity and celebrates the positive aspects of a multicultural society
Intern candidates must have a strong interest in the visual communications and/or graphic design field and possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with others in a fast-paced environment.
About Our Internship Program
• The duration of the internship is a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months
• Interns are unpaid; however, applicants could potentially receive a stipend upon completion of their internship, pending performance reviews. A parking pass will be provided and college credit is preferred
Posting Open until January 21, 2019
Email resumes to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org