As we celebrate Valentine’s Day, ADAMH Youth & Families Clinical Manager Mitzi Moody reminds us of qualities that make up a healthy relationship:
1. Mutual Respect – Respectful partners honor each other’s beliefs, values and personal boundaries.
2. Trust – A healthy relationship should make you feel safe and comfortable.
3. Honesty – Open and honest communication is key to a healthy relationship.
4. Communication – Communicating in a respectful and calm manner, without screaming, yelling or name calling, allows partners to discuss feelings and disagreements without fear.
5. Support – In a healthy relationship, partners support each other during the best and worst days. Comfort each other during rough times and celebrate together during great times. Partners should also support each other spending time with family and friends.