Website Concord Counseling Services
Concord Counseling Services is seeking a fulltime, Employment Specialist, to work with individuals to maximize the independence and employability of persons coping with personal, social, and vocational difficulties. Duties include assessing client needs and designing and implementing vocational programs that may include assessment, vocational counseling, training, and job placement. It also included participating in job development and placement programs, contacting prospective employers, placing clients in jobs, and evaluating the success of placements. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Strong coaching, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required.
The Employment Specialist will be expected to:
• Confer with physicians, psychologists, occupational therapists, and other professionals to develop and implement client rehabilitation programs.
• Maintain close contact with clients during job training and placements to resolve problems and evaluate placement adequacy.
• Arrange for physical, mental, academic, vocational, and other evaluations to obtain information for assessing clients’ needs and developing rehabilitation plans.
• Arrange for on-site job coaching or assistive devices, such as specially equipped wheelchairs, to help clients adapt to work or school environments.
• Locate barriers to client employment, such as inaccessible work sites, inflexible schedules, and transportation problems, and work with clients to develop strategies for overcoming barriers.
Concord is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Concord is highly committed to
promoting and maintaining an atmosphere that is culturally
Inclusive and that welcomes diversity.
To apply for this job please visit concordcounseling.org.